Friday, June 18, 2010

The days leading to Bella's arrival...

I thought it may be suiting to share with you how Miss Bella arrived one month ago today.
We have been careful not to question it and with much prayer have found acceptance that it was God's will. Along the way he sent many people into our lives leading up to her arrival and of course following. I would just like to share some of our story.

I went to work on Saturday, May 8th to work on a wedding we had moved last minute due to the floods. My pregnancy had been picture perfect up until that day. I started experiencing some symptoms while working. I immediately left, drove myself to Vanderbilt ER where my midwife met me. It took us almost 7 hours to get an ultra sound and she could not do an exam until she got those results. 8 hours later they realized I was dialated to 2 and was having mild contractions. They admitted me into the hospital but would not start any procedures to delay. No IV's or any of the many drugs they can use to delay labor. The next morning I was examined by their perinatologist whom told me there was nothing they could do for me. "I would have the baby in 2 days or 2 weeks and at that time it was her personal opinion that she would be too young to try to save" They sent me home on Mother's Day in shock and with little hope.
After MUCH prayer and little research we went to Centennial. Neither of us had even been there before but we knew immediately upon arrival God had led us to the right place. They admitted me immediately to the high risk floor, they started giving medicines to delay Bella's arrival. I spent 10 beautiful days there being pregnant, resting and praying for acceptance of whatever God's plan may be. I met some of the most amazing health care professionals I could have ever met. They nurtured me, comforted me and I even had a nurse that came in to pray with me on her days off.Bella's arrival came pretty unexpectedly for everyone as it seemed I was stable for my condition. We are so incredibly grateful to the NICU team that was there immediately and believed in our little girl. They told us that she was fighting to stay alive and they wanted to give her the opportunity she deserved.
We don't know the outcome of our situation, we don't ask questions that can't be answered but we know that if we would have listened to Vanderbilt we would have not had the most amazing month that we have had getting to love and know beautiful Bella.The NICU at Centennial truly believes in miracles and we are so incredibly impressed and comforted by all of the wonderful folks we have met there.
I am scheduled to hold Bella again today and so excited. I will be sending a photo of her and I to that Dr at Vanderbilt to show her what a miracle looks like...

Much love to you all,
Telisha

7 comments:

  1. Hi Telisha! I work with Bryn at LifeGuard and have been following your heart warming story since you started the blog! I have heard such HORROR stories about Vanderbilt but this takes the cake :( I'm so glad you were led to Centennial, what a blessing! My heart and prayers are with you and your family daily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Telisha,
    I work with Chris on the Earth Day Committee. We are all sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers your way. Thank you for sharing your story. See you at the fundraiser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Telisha-We were next door neighbors to the Cobbs when they lived in Decatur & yes we do have some really good stories about Chris. We are so enjoying having the opportunity to follow Bella's progress. We both pray for her daily & have truly fallen in love with her. She is a miracle child & you should feel blessed that God chose you two to send such a living angel to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Telisha,
    I'm Holly friend of the Grube's. Thanks for sharing your story. We are praying for Bella and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Telisha for sharing your story. Yes Vanderbilt should have realized that all babies are sent from on high and are worth fighting to save if it is God's will they will be. This just shows their lack of faith in a higher power and your strong belief in that power. You and your family hold tight to God's hands and he will see you all thru this .He is holding Bella in his all powerful hands right now and will continue to hold her and show the world that miracles do indeed exist! She is living proof of his power.Lean down while you hold sweet Bella and give her butterfly kisses from all of us with your beautiful eyelashes. We are praying each and everyday for Bella and all of you. Stay strong in Faith and Love for our father, the rewards and blessings are wonderful. Centennial is the best hospital .They have saved my husband's life twice within the past 12 months. When all others gave me no hope Centennial show their true faith in miracles! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing story. I am inspired by your constant and unwavering faith and hope. I think about you all every day and send love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete