Sunday, June 27, 2010

Days 37 & 38

Well we are on the NICU roller coaster again...still thankful and blessed for her series of good days but unfortunately yesterday Bella's blood gases continued to get progressively worse. She was switched back to the oscilating ventilator end of day yesterday and spent a good portion of the evening getting use to it and needing 100 percent oxygen for a good while. The Doctor says that upon viewing her xrays that her left lung was getting hyperinflated and her lungs are very sick. They tell us that this machine is much easier on her lungs. Unfortunately it takes some getting use to for her. Her blood gases are slowly getting better but no great results thus far, just going to take some time. Doctor says that this is showing him that she has Chronic Lung Disease and will go home on oxygen, no great suprise there for us. All I heard there is that she could one day go home :)

Today is not a fun day for Bella. She needs more blood for respiratory purposes so is getting a blood transfusion today and tomorrow. This means that she is NPO (without food) until it is complete. She is much like Mom and Dad and loves to eat so feeling really bad for her today. She has an IV of fluids during this time and luckily Nurse Susan was able to start it on the first try...not an easy feat!

We are unable to hold Bella while on this ventilator. But we are looking at the long term here, if it is for her best interest and will help her improve over time we don't need instant gratification now...we are going to keep looking at the bigger picture where one day we will kiss her, hold her and hug her as much as we want.

We missed service and an intended Sunday School class this morning with everything going on but finding some comfort in scripture by her side now....We thank you all again for your continued prayers, we have a long road ahead but our faith just keeps getting stronger...
Much love to each of you
Telisha

5 comments:

  1. Dear father in heaven reach into Bella's tiny body and heal her lungs with your all powerful hands. Breathe into her body and give her the strength she needs to rally from this setback and show all around her yet another miracle. We pray she will go home one day to be cuddled and loved ever so deeply by her family. Father we pray you take hold of her parents hands and lead them thru this journey you have laid out for them to follow bringing them ever more closer to you and the future that only you father know. We pray that is a future full of happiness, sunshine, rainbows and glory with Bella, Dylan, Chris and Telisha. Send your angels to watch over this family and keep them wrapped in their beautiful wings and bring peace to them as they watch little Bella grow and heal . In your ever so precious named we ask, AMEN God bless the little children and God bless Bella and her family and all who you lead their hands in her care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pamela, that was so beautiful; you said absolutely the prayer I would say if I could formulate the thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Telisha and Chris - I have you all in my prayers, Much love to you all - Nicole Fullford

    ReplyDelete
  4. heatheracluff, The prayers I say for Bella and her family come from my heart thru God. God has done so much for us in the past year. My husband was hit head on by a drunk driver last March and we have almost lost him twice since the wreck. But God has seen us thru this difficult time. He will not put upon you more than you can handle. My husband is still unable to work as well as my mother is seriously ill at this time , as my dad as well has alzheimers now , so prayer is extremely important to me and I love to share his glory in anyway I can. I get thru my days with prayer.I talk with him during the day and he leads me. I am so happy he has allowed me to know Bella and her family and love them dearly.If a little prayer comforts them or anyone I meet then it rewards my heart and makes my burdens even lighter. God is great and he does lift you up and carry you in your times of need. God Bless you and everyone the world over.Thank you heavenly father

    ReplyDelete