Monday, June 28, 2010

Day 39

I'm sitting here at the nicu about to head over to exit/in for Bella's benefit show. Bella's blood gas just came back looking better than it has in days, which means the oscillator is working for her. She started eating again this morning, and we're all happy about that. She is still receiving some fluids via IV but that should stop once she's on full feeds again. Apparently this is what its like to have a baby with chronic lung disease. We HOPE its a long road. Overall, Bella is doing well and we are so thankful. This experience has taught us to be thankful and has made us recognize how much we have to be thankful for and how many people care about us and Bella. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at Exit/In tonight. So many people have gone out of their way to make this event happen and I'm very appreciative. It really means a lot to me, Telisha, Dylan, and most of all Bella. Thank you all...

3 comments:

  1. Hello, I just saw your story on FOX 17 News. I wanted to share a little of my story with you... maybe it will give you some reassurance that everything will be ok! I am 26 years old, and I born 3 months early on Aug. 5, 1983. I only weighed 2 lbs when I was born. I had complications while in the hospital and my left lung collapsed. I was in Vanderbilt for several weeks and was then moved to the hospital in my home town. Anyway... to make a long story short... I went on to college and am now a teacher at a local high school. Your little girl's story reminded me so much of the stories I have heard about my rocky start in this world! I just wanted you to know that miracles happen every day! Fertilize your little one with lots and love and watch her grow! I wish you family the best, and I will keep your family in my thought and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our great and all powerful Heavenly Father we thank you for all the miracles you have shown us with Bella and all the miracles yet to come with this precious little angel you have sent to earth to be part of the Cobb family. We thank you Father for making her blood gases even better than before. And thank you for making her strong enough to eat once again.I know this road seems to be long and winding father for the Cobb family, please lift them up and carry them when those times are happening for them. Walk beside them father always and show them the road will become easier with you holding them ever so close. Thank you Father for allowing the benefit tonight to help where help is needed for the Cobb family.We pray you continue to hold tight to this family during this journey you have set before them and show them the way you intend for them . May the sweet and beautiful angels continue to sit in Bella's bed and sing sweet heavenly songs into her ears and may they wrap they beautiful wings around Telisha and Chris with each visit they have with Bella and comfort them in their hours of need. Amen. God bless the little children and God bless this family and all that have a hand in helping in every way that you allow father.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frankie, thank you for sharing your story and your message of hope of what can be.

    ReplyDelete