Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day 82

We found out this morning that the Dr feels the PDA is of moderate size. They are trying to schedule surgery for tomorrow around 1 pm. We are still awaiting confirmation from the surgeon and staff. We are told the actual surgery only takes 20 minutes but the preparations take an hour. Recovery time could be anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks. We should expect to see some additional needs from the vent while she recovers. The surgery is very standard on preemies, they do it all of the time but not on my daughter...

I could come completely unglued, completely unraveled at the thought of my sweet baby having surgery at 2 months old, before she should even be out of my womb. BUT the Lord is telling me to trust, trust His power, trust her relentless spirit, trust the medical staff and trust that our faith will carry us thru. So I am going to choose to listen...we feel at peace that this will be what she needs to help continue to grow and overcome. We will keep you posted, please continue to keep us in your prayers.
Much love to all
Telisha

1 comment:

  1. Dax's PDA ligation was one of the most frightening experiences for us. His was done at 30 days of life and we. were. terrified. He did great :) Three days later he was healing and we were seeing fewer and fewer desats. I'm glad Bella is older and stronger, and I think you'll see a completely different girl this time next week!

    Just as a side note, Dax's PDA scar is one of my favorite parts of him now. It just makes the whole experience so real and doesn't let me forget what a miracle he is. I think you guys will feel the same way!

    Best of luck, and we'll be praying!

    ReplyDelete