Friday, August 6, 2010

2nd Update Post Op

I wanted to give a quick update while I had a break during shift change. Bella Boo seems to be recovering nicely. She has had consistently great blood gases so her rates and pressures are all being brought down a little each time, they were really high from the surgery. She has been between 60-70 % oxygen all day. She is starting to barely come to and when she awakens a bit more they will start her on morphine. Her blood sugar is pretty high so they are going to monitor it tonight, they may change up IV fluids or give her some insulin if it doesn't come down soon.

Chris has teased me saying that I would love nothing more than to move into this hospital with Bella until she comes home. Well tonight I get my wish, we have a room on her floor tonight so that we can visit and be close by should any changes occur.

We are just living in God's good grace and Bella is amazing...will keep you posted! Thank you again for the support and continued prayers.

4 comments:

  1. Prayers for Bella and Chris's grandmother. We have been praying almost non stop for the past few days for you guys. I have not been able to be online due to my mother coming home from the Nursing home and having my hands full helping with her care but that has not stopped the prayers in my heart for all of you. I feel God stood beside the Dr's as he guided their hands to do his work for Bella. She is truely a soilder for Christ and this was just another battle she has won thru our precious father. He has sent her here for all to witness his amazing power of miracles and we Praise him for that and everything. God is holding your hands ever so tight and if you relax for just a moment that is him as he lifts you and Chris up into his arms and carries you a little ways down the pathway to the most beautiful future he has laid out for all of you, Keep your faith ever so strong and be that shining example of the power of God . Bella , sweet angel Bella, I know you feel those beautiful wings wrapped around you as you rest and grow stronger little one. Listen sweet baby girl as they sing into your lil ears the most beautiful of lullabys sent only from heaven and God himself. Breath deeply Bella, the scent Of heaven and of your all powerful Father as he heals you. And as you awaken darling show all the miracle we have got to witness once more. We all love you sweet Bella and know the day you come home there will be rejoicing here on earth and in Heaven. Hold tight lil soilder of Christ and show this world and those around you how a true soilder of Christ wins the wars and let your light so shine for all to see.God bless the little children and God bless the Cobb family and all whom have a hand guided by our father in heaven in Bella's care.AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bella has been in my thoughts over the weekend. I look forward to reading a positive update soon. If you would like to connect with other parents of premature babies (some of whom have had PDA surgery) you might want to visit the March of Dimes community called Share Your Story: http://www.shareyourstory.org/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby Bella is so beautiful. I love seeing her eyes open and her skin looking rosy. I pray that she continues to grow and thrive. Great news about the surgery. Thank you for taking the time to share the updates with us. I love seeing the news about Bella and her progress. Much love to you all, Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update, I'm saying prayers for ya.

    ReplyDelete