Sunday, July 25, 2010

Day 71!!!

Our little miracle has been off the ventilator for 24 hours now!!! There was some doubt that she would even make it one hour...

Her behavior (ups and downs) is the same as it was on the ventilator. Her blood gases have remained the same... so to say that she is tolerating is an understatement.

Our joy is beyond words...I wept yesterday when she came off the vent. I can't explain the overwhelming sense of relief that I felt. I have been a little sad on occasion since her birth... that there was so much fear when she came that we didn't get the chance to truly celebrate her arrival. God blessed me yesterday with the pure emotions only felt by the joyful birth of your child. Celebarting their arrival into this world and a knowing that you have been given the greatest gift ever... The gift of loving someone so purely and far more than you can ever love yourself...it is a memory and moment that I will remember forever and I thank God so much for giving us that time.

We will keep you posted!! Thank you all again for the continued prayers and suppport...

Much love to you all
Telisha

6 comments:

  1. Such pure joy is truly a gift...and we preemie moms have learned to appreciate it for the gift it is. So glad you experienced it today. Bella, you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you got to experience this joy. Hurray for Bella!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful news. You are in our thoughts always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't want this to sound corny, but I'm not sure how to say it so that it doesn't. So anyway-

    Ever since I heard about Arabella I've had in the back of my mind a story I read a few years ago about the first baby to survive that was born at 24 weeks. And the only other thought I've had is: when I read the story about Arabella's miraculousness is some random magazine, I'll be able to say I know her dad. I have complete and utter trust that God is using your daughter to show a whole lot of people how truely amazing He is. Thank you for sharing what I know have been some of the best and worst weeks of your lives. We are still praying for you and Arabella, but oh so excited by the amazing things God can do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing and strong little girl you have!! I am so happy she is doing so well. What a blessing God had given to you, Chris and Dylan. I cannot wait to see the little miracle in person. My continued prayers for you and your family....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well now. I have been working all weekend and missed checking up on Bella and her family.What a shout of joy from my heart when I read she is doing so much better and on a cpap. I have been praying all weekend at work for Bella and God has answered prayers yet again and allowed us to witness another beautiful miracle.You stay strong little one as I know in my heart of hearts God is holding you , healing you and truely blessing you and your family.He has a journey set ahead of you Bella and It is going to be the most beautiful, heart touching and wonderful journey yet to come. I feel you are one of many little angels he has sent here to show this old world what God is all about and how he does perform miracles each day. Baby Bella you are one of those miracles. You will be strong in teaching others of Christ and leading many to him even the ones who may not have believed in him till your arrival.You are a true soilder of God sweet Bella. May God hold you ever so tightly as you show his miracles each day.We praise God for everything he has shown us thus far and we Priase him for what he is yet to show us, Stay strong Telisha and Chris. He is holding your hands and guiding you thru this journey for a reason. We may not know what it is but it will be glorious I am sure. God Bless the little children and God bless Telisha, Chris, Dylon and all who's hands are guided by our Lord and Saviour in the care of Bella...

    ReplyDelete