Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Quick Update!

So just wanted to give a quick update to everyone. I will post again tomorrow once I have spoken with the Dr with more official information.
Bella actually transferred this morning around 9 am. They were not able to come get her yesterday. She had her first car ride (ambulance ride) and the transport went great. Upon arrival she has had a MASSIVE amount of tests and evaluations, which we love because that is why we are there. She has really handled it all beautifully so far.
Already we have dropped her vent rate from 60 to 45 and her pressures are on 25/7 which qualifies her for the trach (we may be holding off on this for more evaluation & to wean some more on vent but will know more tomorrow). For all of our medical friends her blood gas looked pretty good with pco2 at 65...
Our staff, Dr's and preemie moms at Centennial sure set us up for a warm welcome at Vanderbilt. We were greeted by SO many kind and caring folks who really made our transition as peaceful as possible. I really appreciate the fact that they are really listening to what has worked and hasn't worked for Bella in the past and not just starting over on the whole process. I got to really talk to the Dr's, nurses and nurse practitioners today about my knowledge and observation of her history and they really seemed to listen. Even if they were just doing it to make me feel better it worked :)
So big day again tomorrow getting reports back on all of this testing and seeing her care plan start to come together. One thing her Dr has said is that he does not want to keep her heavily sedated (which we thought would be coming...) he says that we will just give her the same comfort meds as she has received as needed. That makes me a happy mama!
God does not have a plan B. He has led us out of our "comfort zone" at Centennial and into the unknown. I can't help but think of Chris' grandmother who just passed that lived her entire life out of the "comfort zone" and telling people about Jesus. It has brought me so much confidence today to just walk in faith. I can feel her smiling down on us and it makes the day all the sweeter. More to come...

Much love to you all
Telisha

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for taking the time to update. I'm glad to hear that our hospital family is treating you all well! I know how hard it must be to leave Centennial...it was hard enough leaving our friends at Vandy, and that was to bring Becca home! I hope you get great reports tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing news! I have tears of joy right now. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers everyday- I just feel like God is using tiny Bella to show His infinite power and love. Thank you for the update!

    ReplyDelete