Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Power of Prayer

We have much to update on Bella and much to say in regards to our situation. So sorry again for the delayed posts. Bella is holding tight and slowly improving. I have more to say on this but will be posting about it again today, want to get this out first.

During my morning prayer I started remembering all of the prayer requests and moments throughout these past five months that we know without a shadow of a doubt each and every prayer was answered. I feel moved to share with you today some of my memories.

-Even before she was born God started answering our prayers. When the Dr at Vanderbilt sent me home on Mother's Day refusing to prolong labor and told me there is nothing they could do, we prayed for guidance. The Lord sent us to Centennial where they immediately hospitalized me and kept Bella inside for 8 additional days.
-During my admittance into Centennial I met my "angel nurse" who came to me on every break and even on days off to share with me stories of God's will, who encouraged me to pray for acceptance of his will. For 8 beautiful days we prayed and I was given peace that no matter what happened the Lord has a plan. When Bella suddenly arrived although upsetting and scary we felt a peace deep down.
-After Bella's arrival they told us she would not make it 24 hours. Chris sent out requests for prayers and here we are 5 months later.
-The weeks after her birth brought infection in her blood stream that reached every part of her body. They told us she would not make it. Everyone prayed and here we are.
-During the battle with the infection the medicine caused her kidneys to stop working. Everyone prayed and she finally had the biggest, wettest diaper she had ever had on the exact day we sent the prayer requests.
-We all prayed her through the heart surgery where her saturations barely dropped and recovery went beautifully.
-We all prayed her through the eye surgery where miraculously she did not even need the assistance of the ventilator.
- We have prayed her from a mere 1 pound at birth to 6 pounds and 15 ounces today.
-Last week we prayed for answers and wisdom from our Dr's. We found some answers and hope that there are still some things that can be done to improve her condition even though some Dr's tell us other wise.

They tell us her 5% chance of survival has not changed. They tell us the medical facts are stacked against us. So today I ask each and everyone of you to help again in proving them wrong. Help us pray her through this time. Each and every prayer has brought us here, please help me to keep spreading the request for more. This week we are praying for continued improvements with her lung issues and that we are able to wean her pressures off the vent so that she can get to Vanderbilt for the trach surgery. It is going to bring her so much more comfort and quality of life if we can get this done.

Again we thank each of you for every single prayer and thought sent our way. We cannot express enough the many miracles we have witnessed from your faith.

"Only God can move mountains but through prayer and faith we can move God"

Much love to you all
Telisha

3 comments:

  1. I Thessalonians 5:16-18 states Rejoice Always. Pray without ceasing.In everything give thanks for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you .verse 28 The Grace of our Lord Jesus Cgrist be with you AMEN. Psalms 5:1&2 Give ears to my words oh Lord , Consider my meditation .Give heed to the voice of my cry,My King and My God, For to you I will pray....Prayer is the very essence of our being. We talk to our father daily and Humbly pray He reaches down into Bella's body and heal her as he holds her ever so close to his heart in his all powerful arms. Wrap your arms Father, around Telisha, Chris and Dylan, Give them the strength they need to walk daily with you and marvel at the miracles you have performed and will yet perform with their precious baby Bella. Giude the hands amd minds of the Dr's and nurses daily as they care for Bella and Send her on the road to recovery. We know she has her purpose here on this Earth when you sent her here. Please Heavenly father allow us , your servants , to witness the many more miracles yet to come with your angel Bella. God Bless the Cobb family , Dr's and nurses and God bless the little children.Amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, somebody has to be that 5%, and if anybody's hard-headed enough to do it, it's Bella!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am following you from afar and praying for Bella's continued strength...and yours too... Mollie Sheppard asked me to keep an eye out for you here at Vandy. Looking forward to meeting Miss Bella soon...

    ReplyDelete