Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Day 8!!

Wow! I walked into the NICU at 8a and first saw the doc who told me yesterday that he was very worried about Bella's kidneys, that things did not look good, and that he'd only seen 1 baby her age make it out of NICU you. He saw me and said, "dad!, how are you? Arabella's kidneys are doing much better. I'm very surprised at this turnaround. They could work well for years to come." I walked to her bed and was greeted by her nurse for the day. She let me take Bella's temp and hold her for the first time. You can't believe how small she is. She then told me that she would start getting milk today. This is the first time she's eaten. She gets 1 ml of milk every 3 hours. Telisha has been pumping religiously and its awesome to see Bella get to use this milk as food. I just spoke with Telisha who tells me that so many doctors and nurses from around the hospital have come by to see her and Bella today. It seems there are more than 100 people pulling for our little girl and everyone is amazed by her progress. I'm trying not to sound too excited, because tomorrow could be a bad day, but today is an amazing one. Miracles continue to happen here. Thanks be to God.

7 comments:

  1. I'm praying for baby Bella and news like this is fantastic! She sounds like a fighter! Please send her my love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Julie and a dear friend of mine told me about your sweet Arabella. Nine years ago I gave birth at 25 weeks to a 1 pound 9 ounce baby boy. He was in the NICU for 90 days and on a respirator for 21 days. Today, he is a straight A, all-star baseball player without any complications or effects from his prematurity. He is without a doubt a true miracle - just like your sweet Arabella.

    I want you to know that I understand where you are right now (even though all preemie cases are unique). You are now on a roller coaster ride and you just need to hang on tight and know that each day there are ups and downs. There is hope for a happy ending so don't let the gloom and doom talk destroy your faith. My son is an example that things CAN work out amazingly.

    I will keep your baby and your family in my prayers. I was also at Centennial Womens and they were the best place in the world for my son. Feel free to contact me if you would like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris and family - hi, it's Jo your parents neighbor in Madison - we have been praying for everyone since we heard what was going on. Sounds like you have quite the fighter on your hands :) and what a great day Wednesday was!! Taking every day as it's own is all you can do right now and the strength, love, patience, trust and faith that you need to gather up every day is something to celebrate as well! Prayers are coming from Madison - thank you for the blog so we can stay tuned to the happenings for little Bella! In friendship - Jo and my boys

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted you to know the Waldrup Gang is sending up lots of prayers - love hearing good news about Bella-you and Telisha and Dylan have such a strong family unity and Bella can feel your love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. does she fit in the palm of your hand? so happy to hear the progress. love and prayer continues to be spread to the cobb family. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chris and Telisha,,Marilyn has kkept us posted on all of Bella's progress, and we are PRAISING THE LORD EACH DAY!! for His help and love to all of you. Just know that we care and want the very best for your little family. And remember sometimes it's always the darkest just before the DAWN. KEEP THE FAITH. love from Colleen and Guy Hefner (Hamilton,oh)

    ReplyDelete