Thank you dear Heavenly Father, we praise you and we thank you...We just spoke with the surgeon and Bella's procedure is finished. He said she is stable and remained stable throughout. I am without words to express our gratitude...we are so truly blessed. We are waiting to see her now. We will tell her again of all of your love...
Now we will pray thru her recovery and that the Lord continues to fill her with light, life and love...
Much love to all
Telisha
Friday, August 6, 2010
Thursday, August 5, 2010
Updated info
The surgery has been set for 9 am tomorrow morning. We are still hoepful that this is for the best. We will post as soon as we get an update post-op.
Please keep Chris' grandmother in your prayers as well. She is 93 and having complications from gallbladder surgery. They have called in the family and there is a chance she may not make it thru the night. We are on our way to see her now.
May the Holy Spirit comfort us and our family during this time. May we continue to trust in God's will and hold fast to our faith.
Much love to all
Telisha
Please keep Chris' grandmother in your prayers as well. She is 93 and having complications from gallbladder surgery. They have called in the family and there is a chance she may not make it thru the night. We are on our way to see her now.
May the Holy Spirit comfort us and our family during this time. May we continue to trust in God's will and hold fast to our faith.
Much love to all
Telisha
Day 82
We found out this morning that the Dr feels the PDA is of moderate size. They are trying to schedule surgery for tomorrow around 1 pm. We are still awaiting confirmation from the surgeon and staff. We are told the actual surgery only takes 20 minutes but the preparations take an hour. Recovery time could be anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks. We should expect to see some additional needs from the vent while she recovers. The surgery is very standard on preemies, they do it all of the time but not on my daughter...
I could come completely unglued, completely unraveled at the thought of my sweet baby having surgery at 2 months old, before she should even be out of my womb. BUT the Lord is telling me to trust, trust His power, trust her relentless spirit, trust the medical staff and trust that our faith will carry us thru. So I am going to choose to listen...we feel at peace that this will be what she needs to help continue to grow and overcome. We will keep you posted, please continue to keep us in your prayers.
Much love to all
Telisha
I could come completely unglued, completely unraveled at the thought of my sweet baby having surgery at 2 months old, before she should even be out of my womb. BUT the Lord is telling me to trust, trust His power, trust her relentless spirit, trust the medical staff and trust that our faith will carry us thru. So I am going to choose to listen...we feel at peace that this will be what she needs to help continue to grow and overcome. We will keep you posted, please continue to keep us in your prayers.
Much love to all
Telisha
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Day 81
I think somewhere along the way we have messed up how many days it has actually been :) I am just going to keep in order of the blog so as not to confuse (myself).
Bella was 10 weeks old yesterday at 7 pm!!!
For her birthday she decided to have a party while on my chest and pull out her breathing tube....she turned a shade of blue that I care never to see again and her heart rate dropped enormously. By the way she is not quite ready to breathe without any assistance. Luckily Nurse Susan and RT Dinah came to her rescue. I on the other hand made it to the lactation room to melt down in private. I really think that room could be more useful if they would go ahead and pad the walls in there. So if any Centennial folks are reading this please take note that we have requested the lactation room also have padded walls... :)
Bella had her Echo today and we are still waiting to hear a final verdict from the Dr. The PDA is very small so they could choose to wait before operating or they may be agressive and get it out of the way. We will know more in the morning.
She started her feeds yesterday and is working up to 14 cc tonight. She has been tolerating very nicely so far.
As I look at her tonight she rests peacefully and hopefully soon so will we....God bless, more details to come in the morning.
Much love to you all
Telisha
Bella was 10 weeks old yesterday at 7 pm!!!
For her birthday she decided to have a party while on my chest and pull out her breathing tube....she turned a shade of blue that I care never to see again and her heart rate dropped enormously. By the way she is not quite ready to breathe without any assistance. Luckily Nurse Susan and RT Dinah came to her rescue. I on the other hand made it to the lactation room to melt down in private. I really think that room could be more useful if they would go ahead and pad the walls in there. So if any Centennial folks are reading this please take note that we have requested the lactation room also have padded walls... :)
Bella had her Echo today and we are still waiting to hear a final verdict from the Dr. The PDA is very small so they could choose to wait before operating or they may be agressive and get it out of the way. We will know more in the morning.
She started her feeds yesterday and is working up to 14 cc tonight. She has been tolerating very nicely so far.
As I look at her tonight she rests peacefully and hopefully soon so will we....God bless, more details to come in the morning.
Much love to you all
Telisha
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Day 79
We spoke with the Dr this morning regarding several questions we had, just wanted to share with you where we are today.
They did a round of medicine to treat the PDA in her heart yesterday and will do 2 more today. The Dr doesn't expect them to work because they tend to only work in younger babies. However he did say that Bella continues to prove him wrong every time so he would not be surprised if she does the same here :) However unfortunately if they do not work then she will have to have surgery this week. It is a very common procedure for preemies so we aren't going to freak out, just yet... The Dr said we would discuss further after he was sure the medicines weren't going to work.
He feels adamently that Bella does not or did not have NEC. Nothing is showing in her blood work or clinically to prove infection. The xray that has been referred to could have been gastitis or from constipation. She will discontinue antibiotics today and resume her feeds. As a Mother (obviously no medical expert) I would prefer a more conservative approach and would like full treatment for it just incase but everyone is telling me that I am freaking out for no reason. I hope that they are right. They explained that we have to be careful with antibiotics so that she does not build an immunity for future needs and that not eatting for a full week will be detremental to her recovery. I am going to turn this one over to the Big Man and have faith he is giving the guidance that everyone needs.
She had another eye exam today and everything is showing normal for her age thus far. We asked about another head ultrasound. He says that since all of hers have showed no brain bleeds thus far they will do one more before discharge just to make sure but he does not expect there to be any changes. These are both HUGE blessings for Bella and her future.
She is doing very well on the ventilator, remaining in the 50's-60's on oxygen, 30 rate and sats in 80's and 90's. She could be close to going back on CPAP but she will need to remain on the ventilator if she has the PDA surgery so no talk of excabation right now.
That is all for now...Prayers for the medicines to work today and close that PDA for good would be most appreciated. We thank you all again for your continued support, would not be this far without the prayers we are certain!
Much love to all
Telisha
"So that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power."
I Corinthians 2:5
They did a round of medicine to treat the PDA in her heart yesterday and will do 2 more today. The Dr doesn't expect them to work because they tend to only work in younger babies. However he did say that Bella continues to prove him wrong every time so he would not be surprised if she does the same here :) However unfortunately if they do not work then she will have to have surgery this week. It is a very common procedure for preemies so we aren't going to freak out, just yet... The Dr said we would discuss further after he was sure the medicines weren't going to work.
He feels adamently that Bella does not or did not have NEC. Nothing is showing in her blood work or clinically to prove infection. The xray that has been referred to could have been gastitis or from constipation. She will discontinue antibiotics today and resume her feeds. As a Mother (obviously no medical expert) I would prefer a more conservative approach and would like full treatment for it just incase but everyone is telling me that I am freaking out for no reason. I hope that they are right. They explained that we have to be careful with antibiotics so that she does not build an immunity for future needs and that not eatting for a full week will be detremental to her recovery. I am going to turn this one over to the Big Man and have faith he is giving the guidance that everyone needs.
She had another eye exam today and everything is showing normal for her age thus far. We asked about another head ultrasound. He says that since all of hers have showed no brain bleeds thus far they will do one more before discharge just to make sure but he does not expect there to be any changes. These are both HUGE blessings for Bella and her future.
She is doing very well on the ventilator, remaining in the 50's-60's on oxygen, 30 rate and sats in 80's and 90's. She could be close to going back on CPAP but she will need to remain on the ventilator if she has the PDA surgery so no talk of excabation right now.
That is all for now...Prayers for the medicines to work today and close that PDA for good would be most appreciated. We thank you all again for your continued support, would not be this far without the prayers we are certain!
Much love to all
Telisha
"So that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power."
I Corinthians 2:5
Monday, August 2, 2010
Day 78
We had an eventful weekend with Miss Bella. That whole roller coaster thing we keep mentioning...
As we mentioned in the last post she went back on the ventilator. She really adapted back to it and has been doing very well in that respect. However on Saturday night her heart rate went up to 223 and blood pressure dropped way low. They ordered blood work to check for infection and also to see if she needed another transfusion. It turned out she needed a transfusion pretty badly, which she has received 2 now. This could be part of the reason she went back on the ventilator as well.
In addition to the transfusion the radiologists felt like he saw cause for concern on an abdominal xray. He asked that she start treatment for NEC. For the preemie mom's reading this you will know that it is every preemie parents nightmare. The infection can spread rapidly and has a very high morbidity rate. However 2 NICU doctors have told us they do not think it is that but did start treatment as recommended. The xrays have improved and if it was that then we are hopeful they caught it in time. She has been on antibiotics and has not been able to eat since Saturday night. They may start her back on feeds tomorrow after further watch and assessment. Thank you Lord!!!
They also found a small PDA on her EKG. They assure us that it is very tiny but will try to treat medicinally. The medicine may not be effective because of her age and if that is the case they will just watch it and see. No mention of surgery for this yet and are told that since it is so small they may not have to do anything at all for it.
Aside from all of this Bella is kicking butt on the ventilator, she is weighing in a 2.8 pounds, she is a lovely pink and resting peacefully. They dropped the rates on her ventilator again and have heard speculation that she may be ready to try the CPAP again in 24-48 hours...
Waiting, watching and praying...
Much love to all
Telisha
P.S. Molly it was SO great to meet you in person and see those beautiful boys!!!
"But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth. "
Exodus 9:16
As we mentioned in the last post she went back on the ventilator. She really adapted back to it and has been doing very well in that respect. However on Saturday night her heart rate went up to 223 and blood pressure dropped way low. They ordered blood work to check for infection and also to see if she needed another transfusion. It turned out she needed a transfusion pretty badly, which she has received 2 now. This could be part of the reason she went back on the ventilator as well.
In addition to the transfusion the radiologists felt like he saw cause for concern on an abdominal xray. He asked that she start treatment for NEC. For the preemie mom's reading this you will know that it is every preemie parents nightmare. The infection can spread rapidly and has a very high morbidity rate. However 2 NICU doctors have told us they do not think it is that but did start treatment as recommended. The xrays have improved and if it was that then we are hopeful they caught it in time. She has been on antibiotics and has not been able to eat since Saturday night. They may start her back on feeds tomorrow after further watch and assessment. Thank you Lord!!!
They also found a small PDA on her EKG. They assure us that it is very tiny but will try to treat medicinally. The medicine may not be effective because of her age and if that is the case they will just watch it and see. No mention of surgery for this yet and are told that since it is so small they may not have to do anything at all for it.
Aside from all of this Bella is kicking butt on the ventilator, she is weighing in a 2.8 pounds, she is a lovely pink and resting peacefully. They dropped the rates on her ventilator again and have heard speculation that she may be ready to try the CPAP again in 24-48 hours...
Waiting, watching and praying...
Much love to all
Telisha
P.S. Molly it was SO great to meet you in person and see those beautiful boys!!!
"But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth. "
Exodus 9:16
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)